Thursday, March 20, 2008

Fixing the Teac HDB820 C.100 Error

The other day I mentioned I was feeling slightly hot and bothered. Well, so was my Teac HDB820.

I woke up this morning and I was greeted by the dreaded C.100 error. I tried turning it on and off, no go. I´ve had it for about 2 years so warranty was no option. On cracking it open one of the 1000uF 16V capacitors had a slight eruption. There are 3 in total and with the weather we´ve been having; i´m not suprised it gave up.

After I got home from work I ducked into DSE and grabbed 3 of these chunky bastards - 1000 uF 35 WV caps. I then whipped out the soldering iron (i knew doing year 11 electronics would pay off one day) and 10 minutes later I was back in sweet sweet HD heaven.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

found the same problem with a mates, going to try repairing it myself too!

dan said...

Good luck Ian, let me know how you go :) It's pretty straight forward, but if you have any problems or questions, shoot away.

Unknown said...

all fixed, easy!

Jules said...

i've done this fix 2 times already, are there any other suspect components in there?

Jules said...

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=641558

dan said...

Hi Jules, thanks for the link - i replaced those caps 2 years ago and the box is still running fine, i haven't had any other dramas apart from that, hopefully it stays that way :)

micko said...

Thanks fore the tip, 3 caps @ 90c each. Wish all my jobs were that easy.